Monday, September 1, 2008

The cheapest book


When the book has marked down its price, the content and the expression of the persona and author stays the same. It really is a blissful state of Nirvana to some artists who have passed away yet their works of art such as paintings and songs still lives in the horizon and continues to linger in the minds of individuals.

I am accustomed to drop by to a bookstore whenever I am in a mall. I find it very refreshing and stimulating when I indulge myself to a one-minute scanning per book, hoping to discover some interesting facts and word of thoughts. One of my “fruitful” encounters with the books was the time I challenged myself to search for the cheapest one inside the National Bookstore. I managed to dwell in the “bargain” section for almost 2 hours just to have the book I was looking for. Most of the prices were between 100 up 250 Php, but that did not make me to stop. I knew that underneath the pile of books, lays this little book screaming constantly to be heard and noticed (or even screaming his price!).Finally, after a couple of hours, I found one book. Yes! It’s very handy it only costs 10 Php! (imagine, original price is 369 Php)

The Pocket Enneagram by Helen Palmer is a book about understanding the 9 types of People namely the Perfectionist, Giver, Performer, Tragic Romantic, Observer, Trooper, Epicure, Boss and Mediator. With the aid of this book, I am hoping that I could find the “cheapest” part of my personality which I have taken for granted. I fear that I would reach the adulthood without realizing my own identity. For now, I have to read and digest this cheapest book (yet stimulating) I have bought.

No comments: